Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 3d
This is a variant of the Inca Trail Tour, with Machu Picchu as its final destination, for people who do not have much free time to do the 4 day tour, the total walk is approximately 43 kilometers and takes 3 days, including the visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
duration : 3 Days | 2 Nights
SHORT INCA TRAIL + HUAYNAPICCHU
3 DAYS | 2 NIGHTS
(Included a full day in Machu Picchu)
Hiking the Inca Trail Tour is a unique experience that you have to try once in your life: intense and fabulous trekking through a range of spectacular Inca ruins while contemplating some of the most marvelous sceneries on the way.
Extraordinary landscapes, walking the Inca Trail Tour through different ecological systems, an amazing variety of flora and fauna, the adventures waiting for you along the 3 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu present original cobblestones and allow you to visit the most important Inca complex on the way, Wiñayhuayna also known as "Forever Young". And you finish your trek at the impressive Inca citadel of Macchu Picchu so needless to say that this is an experience you are not to forget anytime soon.
Like every Inca Trail Tour Expeditions Tour, this adventure has been designed by traveling specialists so you can completely rely on us for everything and be sure every dime of yours is wisely spent.
Is this tour for me?
Royal Inca Trail Tour to Machupicchu
03 Days including Machupicchu
02 nights in hotel “In Aguas Calientes Machupicchu”
English & Spanish “Other Languages on request”
The attraction: The Royal Inca Trail Tour is the most famous hike in South America; the two days Inca Trail is walked by dreamers every year. Although the total distance is only about 10 miles (16 km).
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Max 8, Avg 6 “Be in mind small group size means more authentic experience”.
Small group experience; Max 8, Avg 6 “Be in mind small group size means more authentic experience”.
Age requirement: 12+ all travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Physical Rating/ Grading:
1 2 3 4 5
2 - Moderate
Could be a challenge to first time trekkers and are tougher than easy treks. So, these Inca trek is suitable for any walker looking for something a little more challenging and energetic. Most people who enjoy a weekend in the hills or mountains at home are capable of undertaking a trek at this level: You need to be in good health and reasonably fit, and you will almost certainly be taking regular exercise. A trek could be graded Moderate either as a fairly easy medium-duration walk, or as a harder, shorter walk. Some walking at higher altitude and the occasional longer or more difficult day may be involved, but generally conditions underfoot will be fair. A walking day would normally be between 5 to 8 hours long and no experience is necessary for this short Inca trail Tour.
Day 3: 4 km Machupicchu 2nd Entrance with climb for Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu sacred mountain “Day without tour guide”. The Inca Trail Tour difficulty starts with the distance. It’s 16 km (10 miles) in total, covered over 3 days and 2 nights. The hike is generally broken down into:
Prices will vary according service level and inclusions.
Classic Hotel 3* with Expedition Train "Backpacker", price will vary according hotel selection hotel 3*.
Note: If you choose our ITEP Lodge, there is no extra for the overnight in Machupicchu. www.hotel-encanto.com
Hotel 4* with Vistadome train "Panoramic Inka Sacred Valley"
Hotel 5* with Belmond train "Luxury Machupicchu Train"
ITINERARY MACHU PICCHU TOUR 3D/2N
DAY 1: Transfer by ITEP Van from Cusco to Train station, later train service to Km 104 “Inca Trail Tour Entrance”.
Today Our trek takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail Tour. We'll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes Mountains. Covering 16km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works its way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we'll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full day trekking, we'll arrive to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site it's a perfect time to take some pictures. After we've passed through the Sun Gate we'll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we'll check in to our hotel.
Meals: Box Lunch and dinner.
Accommodation: Hotel, “Camping on request”.
Distance: 16kms/10 mls (6 hours more or less of hiking)
Walking Time: Approximately 6 hours (including picnic lunch in route)
Walk and Terrain: Walk, canter, on open roads, some steep ascending trails
DAY 2: Machupicchu “The Sunrise Experience”
Waking up early (07:00am) “Time can Vary according your tour guide recommendation” we'll take one of the first buses back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as soon as it opens. We'll have 2 hours guided tour in the site where you'll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
You will also have time to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own if you choose (not included in the price). Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or bathe in the hot springs.
The Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, achieves the objectives of the preservation and dissemination of cultural and archaeological research. Within a modern and dynamic exhibition, the reopening of Site Museum Manuel Chavez Ballón has become the primary means of communication and information for the most important cultural Historical Sanctuary of Perú.
The museum is organized in seven phases, they emphasize the beauty and historical significance of the large collection of artifacts, construction tools (copper and bronze), pins, mirrors, tweezers and needles. Also appearing are the headed ornitomorfa ibis, toucans and oropendolas. The exhibit shows in detail the metallurgical expertise in the Inca city; the spectacular examples of dexterity in stone quarrying, as well as significant objects in various other materials. These displays express to the world, a view of the sustenance of life in Inca Machu Picchu, the strategic administrative center intertwined between the Amazon and the Andes.
DAY 3 | Machupicchu Second entrance to Machupicchu Sacred mountain or Huaynapicchu Sacred Mountain.
1.- “Machupicchu Sacred Mountain is different than the Machupicchu Inca City”.
2.-Huaynapicchu Mountain is in front of Machupicchu Sacred Mountain, Machupicchu Inca City is in the middle of the two mountains “Spaces are limited in both mountains and for Machupicchu inca city”.
3.- Machupicchu Sacred Mountain is higher than Huaynapicchu Mountain.
4.-The climb for these mountains are without tour guides, it means by yourself “the trek duration in each mountain “one way” is 1 hour to 1:30 hours.
5.- The trail is full of signs and park rangers and this day is an exclusive personal day for you”.
Waking up early (05:00am) we'll take one of the first buses back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as soon as it opens (06:00 am). After it, you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself and with your permits, you going to have the opportunity to climb either Huayna Picchu mountain (2 hours round trip) or Machu Picchu mountain (3 hours round trip). You will also have time to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own if you choose (not included in the price)
Climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there. Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or bathe in the hot springs
Back to Cusco: You will descend to Aguas Calientes by bus (included) and later board the Expedition train to the Ollantaytambo Train Station “Train departure time can vary according train schedule and availability”. In Ollantaytambo Train station you will meet our private van and be transferred to your hotel in Cusco.
Distance: 8.9kms/5.5mls “By Bus in 25 minutes”
*** We only take Imperios Travel Experiences Perú clients in our vans / cars – We do not use public transport.
About Machupicchu Hotels:
Please note: Hotels may change (be different according your request) depending on booking time and availability; Campsite for Inca Trail Tour 3d2n also is possible, we just need to follow Machupicchu government conditions or on restrictions undertaken for safety reasons by the Peruvian Government.
The itinerary and campsites provided by the INC (Institution that runs the Inca Trail Tour) are subject to change depending on the time of booking. It can also vary depending on the climate or the health status of the trekkers. The train (to and from Ollantaytambo) included in every tour is the Expedition Service. Train times will only be confirmed near the time of the trek; thus if you join a group later we cannot guarantee you will be traveling on the same trains like the rest of the group. Train times are also subject to change depending on the train company timetables or availability.
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your royal Inca Trail tour guide and group in our office for an orientation before your trek. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the evening before the trip begins. In case you can´t come at this time “please let us know” to coordinate another time.
- Touristic Transport: You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and will travel by private transportation to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- Touristic Train Expedition Service: Train leaves from Ollantaytambo Train Station until Chachabamba “Km 104” the starting point of the Short Inca Trail Tour to Machupicchu. Optional upgrade for Vistadome Train at extra cost.
- Adventure Experienced Short Inca Trail Tour Guide: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route, including leading your group in ancient ceremonies! He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time along the inca path and will ensure you are safe and happy.
- Tour Guide in Machupicchu Cultural Experienced: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. For visit the sacred city of Machupicchu.
- Overnight in Machupicchu Village: Each hotel is carefully choosed for having a very local experience “please check options”.
- Night 1 and 2: The 1st and 2nd night in hotel is not included, which is in the town of Aguas Calientes; It is also known as Machupicchu Village; prices of hotels will vary according to your expectations and budget. However, we can offer you the option of joining us at our local accommodation Hotel Encanto Machupicchu "at no extra cost". www.hotel-encanto.com Our hostel in Aguas Calientes have double or triple rooms, private bathroom, hot shower, Wi-Fi, breakfast, and luggage storage while you visit Machu Picchu.
- Entry ticket to The Short Inca Trail Tour “Sun Gate to Machupicchu”
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Inka Site
- Entry ticket to Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu sacred Mountain: 2nd entrance ticket for Machupicchu Inka city which includes the permit for climb the Machupicchu sacred mountain or Huaynapicchu Sacred Mountain. Note: the climb for the sacred mountain is not including a tour guide. The whole path of ascent to the sacred mountain is well signposted and has park rangers from the Machupicchu government. Therefore, the service of a guide is not necessary. However, if you think it is important to have a guide on this route. please contact us
- Meals: Breakfasts at the hotel, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (Vegetarian, vegan, or special menus are available at no extra cost) Please be in mind (1st breakfast and last lunch after Machupicchu 2nd day of trek is not included”
- Water: Inka Trail Expeditions will supply all the water needed only at our office in Cusco “for your 1st day trek”, after you arrive to Machupicchu Village/Aguas Calientes, you will be able to find plenty shops and restaurants. You must supply your own water bottles or camel back. We recommend carrying about 3L worth.
- Medical kit and Oxygen bottle: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Train tickets back: From Aguas Calientes “Machupicchu village” to Ollantaytambo train station (departure time is confirmed the day of briefing and it´s subject to availability)
- Transfer back to Cusco: Private touristic transport from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 3)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- Bus Concetur to Machupicchu inca City: Most of the times the wait to board the bus to Machupicchu is from 1 hour to 1:30 min, So we prefer that you decide a day before your visit to the Inca city of Machupicchu. If you wish to take the bus considering the waiting time. Or if you prefer to do the last stretch of ascent walking up 45 to 1 hour "everything will depend on your physical state, after the trekking done".
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- Day 1: Breakfast: Approx. Usd5 to usd 10.00, Price can vary according your selection.
- Meals in Machupicchu village: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes. Approx. Usd 20 to 25.00, Price can vary according your selection.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for our staff: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish “Recommendation usd 6 to usd 8 per day per traveler for all the trek staff”- Once again it is optional and can vary according your satisfaction.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
Thank you for choosing ITEP “Imperios Travel Experiences Perú”!
With ITEP “Imperios Travel Experiences Perú” every step is a great Adventure!!! Working hard for create a Memorable Lifetime Experience for you!!!.
STUDENT DISCOUNT: $20 off per person
Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send us a copy of your student card
There are several optional upgrades that you can include in this trip. Below is a quick list of it, but check our Overview section for more details.
- Walking Poles –USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade “Panoramic train” –USD per person (Return Only)
- Huayna Picchu Sacred Mountain –USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Sacred Mountain –USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Buffet Lunch Celebration in Sanctuary Lodge on the last day in Machupicchu. USD per person (all fresh drinks are included)
- Original passport (and International Student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are the best).
- Optional Items to Take | Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Walking stick (with rubber tip).
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the entrance fee at the door is US$4.
WHEN TO BOOK THE INCA TRAIL TOUR TREK 3 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people permitted on the Inca Trail Tour (permits are issued to about 200 trekkers per day plus 300 porters this 500 permits include 4 days inca trail Tour). We recommend that you make a trek booking as early as posible we recommend 4 months in advance.
It's recommended to book the tour inca trail Tour to Machu Picchu 2 days in advance, before booking flight tickets and hotels, because there are limited spots to reservation for Inca trail at INC and PERU RAIL (train Tickets).